Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Acknowledging God working in your life...

I've joined The Pocket Testament League, which is basically a Gospel Tract organization, that has the actual Gospels of John pamphlets, you can order online and then share with people.  You know how, sometimes when you share the Good News, you really wish you could give them something that they can read or learn from until they get connected with other Christians or a church?  This organization is awesome :D ...

But I did not mean to only give advertisement for TPTL. The other neat thing about them is their Daily Devotional.  Yes, I know - there are millions of websites like that, but since it comes with the tracts, I'd figure I would read them anyway.  Turns out - they're short enough and to the point (I hate it when people beat around the bush to give a simple and practical point) that I can gain quite a bit from them.

Day 17 was about "Celebrating Miracles".  Basically, the guy talked about what it's like when God gives us trials, He leads us lovingly in them, but when we "cross the finish line", we say, "Whew, so glad I got through that by my hard work," or "That was fortunate."  No doubt, God's in heaven, pulling His hair out, screaming, "ACK NEIN! How am I going to get you to acknowledge that I'm working in you!?!?  I love you and I want you to be blessed and in that way, I will be glorified."  Can you sense His disappointment, but oh so great love?  Can't we at least say thank you?  Can we not acknowledge our God is a God of miracles and makes the impossible happen?  It was not chance or my persisting efforts.  It was His mercy, grace, and glory.

For me, like many of my college friends, each test, school assignment, and project is/was a trial.  Isn't it amazing, God just put that lesson in front of me daily?  Sadly, a lot of times I didn't give God praise for leading me through.

Father, YOU guided my hands and cleared my mind as I answered each question and solved each problem of each CLEP, DSST, TECEP, midterm, homework assignment, final exam, project, pop quiz, and lab report.  Every moment was miracle. Glory to You for using me, an ignorant, foolish child.  Praise the LORD!

~Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment